The bedroom is one of the most important rooms in the entire house. It is necessary to take into account many points and nuances so that when choosing furniture you can experience only comfort and relaxation. For this reason, many do not dare to install wardrobes in the bedroom. But the variety of models on the market allows you to choose the best option for any room, even the smallest one. This way you can keep everything you need close at hand.
A variety of formats for bedroom wardrobes
Depending on the need, you can set yourself a room using one of the following options:
- built-in is the most common option; such a cabinet has excellent spaciousness and is almost invisible in the room. With a well-thought-out layout, it allows you to place all the necessary items, and the installation process does not take much time. Among the features, most often such a cabinet can be bought, mainly made according to an individual project. Due to the variety of shapes and sizes, it is
- possible to choose the best option even from a photo in the catalog from ready-made options;
- freestanding – if necessary, it can be easily moved around the room, but takes up more space than built-in models;
- angular – it stands out with a rounded facade, but its spaciousness is not inferior to other models;
- curved or radial – it stands out with a stylish facade, allows you to give the room a fancy look, while taking up not much space.
Most importantly, when choosing furniture, be guided not only by the photo in the catalog, but also by the dimensions of a particular product. It is recommended to carry out special calculations in design programs in order to think over locations in advance. In the same programs, you can also choose the most optimal option for the materials used.
Advantages and features of using a wardrobe for a bedroom
The sliding wardrobe stands out for its many advantages and is excellent for use in the bedroom due to the following points:
- the doors roll silently on the slats, which is especially important during early gatherings, when the rest of the family is asleep;
- a variety of decor options for the front panel;
- a wide range of materials allows you to emphasize the attractiveness of any interior.
When choosing a wardrobe, you need to pay attention to the general orientation of the sleeping area. It is recommended to take into account several nuances:
for classic bedrooms, it is best to use plain and calm shades of furniture;
the front facade can be made both in the form of mirrors and pasted over with a photo print.
If you do not want the cabinet to be immediately striking, but it is not possible to install a built-in cabinet, select materials to match the walls.
What materials can be used?
In the building materials market, it will not be difficult to choose the best option for your bedroom. It is enough just to get acquainted with the peculiarities of using each individual material:
- Chipboard – chipboard is especially popular due to its availability. Chipboard is produced with various texture and color options. Can be laminated if necessary. But, it is not recommended for use in rooms with high humidity due to its high absorbency;
- MDF – fiberboard, visually resembles chipboard, but stands out for its greater strength and quality, can be used to create curved elements;
- natural massif – stands out for its long service life, expensive look.
Some models may use material combinations. When buying, it is also recommended to pay attention to the quality of the fittings used. The comfort of using the cabinet itself depends on this.
The facade, its execution and visual perception also play an equally important role. Depending on your needs and personal preference, you can use:
- the matte surface is a classic that will remain relevant for many years to come. It will emphasize minimalism and restraint in the bedroom, if necessary, such a facade can be decorated with a geometric pattern;
- wooden surface – it is no less popular, it looks attractive and minimalistic, you can easily cover it with a variety of paints to give a new look to the whole room;
- mirror inserts – a mirror surface will visually enlarge the room, as well as save space on placing other mirrors. Such a surface is relevant for various interior styles, regardless of the direction.
If it is not possible to install a mirror panel, you should pay attention to glossy surfaces, which will also visually expand the room. It is worth remembering that mirrored and glossy panels are best installed in dimly lit bedrooms. With light sources directed towards the panel, you can achieve soft illumination of the entire room.
Decorative lighting will also cope with this task. It is mounted along the cabinet doors or inside. The following can be used as light sources:
- halogen lamps – the most common due to their affordable cost, but they must be used carefully, since the flasks are filled with gas;
- LEDs – are distinguished by economical consumption of electricity, provide brightness of lighting, are safe and reliable;
- LED strip – can supply both one and several colors, can be battery operated, the light intensity is less than in standard LED lamps.
The sliding wardrobe is universal and will become a topical piece of furniture for any interior. It is enough just to remember about the advantages and features of a particular style.